Published in the November 2018 issue of Today’s Hospitalist
Based in: La Crosse, Wisc.
Number of hospitalists: 20 physicians, 10 associate staff; recruiting for 1
Founded: Hospitalist program established in 2002
Contact information: Kalah Haug, physician recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org; 608-775-1005
Gundersen Health System in La Crosse is seeking an internist to join its established hospitalist team. Gundersen is an award winning, physician-led, integrated health system, employing more than 500 physicians.
• 182 shifts per year (primary schedule seven-on/seven-off). If interested in a purely evening/night position, shift lengths are between 7 & 8.5 hours in duration.
• Collaborative, cohesive hospitalist team established in 2002 with high retention rate and growth.
• 30-member internal medicine hospitalist team of 20 physicians and 10 associate staff.
• Primary responsibility is adult inpatient care. Telemedicine responsibilities for our critical access hospitals on a rotational basis.
• Manageable daily census.
• Excellent support and collegiality with subspecialty services.
• Competitive compensation and benefits package, including loan forgiveness.
Local highlights: La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods, an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home. Learn more at www.gundersenhealth.org/MedCareers.